My Day at the Lake: Lake Lure



So, this week we will not be doing a K-pop group of the week, I didn't have time to gather information for one this week because we have family in town. So, I am writing today about my time at the lake today at Lake Lure, North Carolina. 

As I mentioned before, we have family in town and we thought it would be nice to swim because, you know, summer, so we went to the lake. See, where we are in North Carolina is completely land locked and the nearest, actual beach, is Myrtle Beach in South Carolina and is about 4 hours away and not ideal to travel to; because Lake Lure was closer and had a small beach, we went there. The entrance fee was $10 per person and we stayed for a couple of hours.

Lake Lure is a man-made lake in Hickory Nut Gorge in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It had such pretty scenery and was very relaxing. Me and my family went and had a great time. We swam in a roped off portion of the lake that was a lot more spacious than it appeared from the shore (even with the amount of people that were there). The lake was murky, as one would expect from a lake in the mountains, but it didn't feel dirty. There was a bit of a current, so I would be mindful of that. There were also waterslides that you could use, boat tours and kayak tours. There were even fishing tours you could go on. I would highly recommend going if you ever get the chance.



After we left the lake, we drove up the road for about 5, maybe 10 minutes, we happened across a little village called "Chimney Rock Village," and the first thing you're greeted with is a babbling brook with a walking trail welcoming you into this charming little village in the middle of the mountains. 



Chimney Rock Village has quite a few stores on this 2- or 3-mile strip of road. They have things like a general store, gem mining stores, inns, breweries and restaurants. You can also see some houses built into the mountain that were really cute. There is also a State Park.


After driving through the village, we decided to have a spontaneous adventure to Asheville which was the next big city over from Lake Lure. Asheville is a very artsy city with a lot of little boutiques and restaurants. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but I promise to make a post about Asheville at a later date when I'm able to spend a whole day there. We ended up eating at a place called the "Twisted Laurel" and the food was really good, and I had their stone oven baked pizza. I would tell you about the affordability, if I had paid for my meal. When we asked for our check so we can pay and leave, our waitress told us that someone had already paid for our food. I hope whoever bought our meals today is forever blessed.

Thank you for reading about my little family outing today and I appreciate the support of my readers. Lake Lure is really a cute and quaint little place that I highly recommend if you are looking for a place to relax and re-group.

Laters!

Comments

Popular Posts